Powered by Blogger.

Shazahn Padamsee Interview: very tough to impress my dad

    Shazahn Padamsee Interview: very tough to impress my dad: Shazahn Padamsee managed to win praise from director Madhur Bhandarkar and her “Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji” co-star Ajay Devgan, but says it is difficult to impress her “perfectionist” father, theatre veteran Alyque Padamsee.”My dad is my biggest critic. It is very tough to impress him… he is such a perfectionist!” Shazahn told us.

    However, the 22-year-old feels her father provides constructive criticism and she has learnt to takes his comments in her stride.

    “When I have to go out, and I ask him - ‘Dad, how am I looking?’, he just nods. He is never like ‘wow’ or ’stunning’ the way others compliment me. My dad is very strict and critical and I understand that he does it because he wants the best for me. I really appreciate that about my dad.

    “It’s nice to have a dad who is in this profession, who knows what acting is, who knows what good films are… he has a great taste in cinema and it’s really good to have someone who can give intelligent opinions about the kind of films I should do and what look suits me. I go to him for a lot of advice and I believe it’s always the correct thing to do,” she said.

    Theatre is in Shazahn’s blood and she enjoys the medium, but Bollywood is what enamours her most.

    “My main focus is Bollywood. I do enjoy theatre, but honestly there’s no time. I love doing plays, but it takes way too long to develop them. Doing theatre is a way of life… you go and rehearse from 10 a.m.-10 p.m., have chai (tea), work at your own pace… it is an art form and very personal. So unless there’s time, it’s tough. But right now, films is what excites me. Nevertheless, when I have some time, I would love to do theatre,” she said.

    Shazahn was seen on the big screen in “Rocket Singh - Salesman Of The Year” and in just released “Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji”, she is seen as a 21-year-old bank intern June Pinto, who charms a much-older senior colleague, played by Ajay.

    She does not want to be choosy at such an early stage in her career.

    “I am very new and I can’t really sit on a high pedestal and start demanding the kind of stuff I want. God willing, I will be there one day because I know I am very ambitious. But right now, the reality is that I am a newcomer. I am getting good offers as of now, and I do want roles that I can relate to and would be happy to do roles to which I can bring something unique.”

Post Title

Shazahn Padamsee Interview: very tough to impress my dad


Post URL

http://albertomengozzi.blogspot.com/2011/01/shazahn-padamsee-interview-very-tough.html


Visit albertomengozzi for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive