Powered by Blogger.

Madhuri Dixit interview: my kids realize that i am a star!

    Madhuri Dixit interview: my kids realize that i am a star! She has mesmerised millions of Indians with her screen performances, but Madhuri Dixit’s US-brought up kids realised their mother was a big Bollywood star only when they visited the sets of a dance reality show recently.

    ‘They didn’t know, but they are kind of realising now

    when they visited the sets of ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ and saw everybody praising me and talking about me. They ask like, ‘Oh, so you are a big star in India’,’ Madhuri told IANS in an interview.

    Madhuri lives in Denver, Colorado, with her husband Sriram Nene and two sons – Arin, 7, and Raayan, 5, and is in India as the judge of the fourth season of the show.

    Madhuri became a national craze in the 1980s and the 90s with her scintillating performances in superhits like ‘Tezaab’, ‘Ram Lakhan’, ‘Tridev’, ‘Dil’, ‘Saajan’, ‘Khalnayak’, ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun’, ‘Dil To Pagal Hai’ and ‘Devdas’.

    The actress took a sabbatical after 2002 and made a come back with ‘Aaja Nachle’ in 2007, but the film bombed at the box office.

    The failure, however, didn’t affect the star aura surrounding her. She got a warm welcome by her fans and colleagues. Whether it’s award functions or other public events, Madhuri’s charm swept one and all.

    The actress is touched after receiving such an overwhelming response from everyone and calls herself very fortunate.

    ‘It always feels wonderful. I feel blessed. There is not a single day when I don’t thank god that he has given me so much. I have received so much love from everyone wherever I have gone that I feel I am very fortunate and thank everyone for that,’ she said.

    Her on-screen simplicity, acting prowess and elegant dancing style have made her an icon for many, especially youngsters.

    So, how does it feel to be called an icon?

    ‘It feels really nice that people love you so much, they appreciate your work and consider you an icon. It’s always good to have compliments. It makes you feel nice. It makes your face glow,’ she said, flashing her evergreen smile.

    She was recently honoured with a special award for completing 25 years in Bollywood at the 56th Idea Filmfare awards where she set the stage on fire with Shah Rukh Khan.

    They danced together on hit songs like ‘Are re Are’ from ‘Dil To Pagal Hai’, ‘Maar Daala’ from ‘Devdas’ and ‘Tere Naina’ from ‘My Name Is Khan’.

    ‘This was my first ever stage performance with Shah Rukh anywhere in the world and I really enjoyed working with him after such a long time,’ she said.

    Both have previously worked in films like ‘Koyla’, ‘Dil To Pagal Hai’, ‘Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam’ and ‘Devdas’.

    For those eagerly waiting for Madhuri’s return to the big screen will have to wait for some more time as she will be going back to the US to be with her kids and husband after ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’.

    ‘It was great to be back to work after I had taken time off to be with my kids. This is a nice change for me. I miss my kids very much; so I’ll be back (to the US) in a month,’ she said.

    As for her next film Madhuri said, ‘I have been going through a lot of scripts, but nothing has been finalised as yet.’

    She is currently in talks with Anil Kapoor to star in a Bollywood remake of Hollywood film ‘Freaky Friday’.

Post Title

Madhuri Dixit interview: my kids realize that i am a star!


Post URL

http://albertomengozzi.blogspot.com/2011/02/madhuri-dixit-interview-my-kids-realize.html


Visit albertomengozzi for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive